|Cons||-Cold towards strangers|
At a shelter, you may come across this breed from time to time, although they tend to be more popular in Europe and particularly England, than in North America, where they remain very uncommon. In the U.S., you’ll often have to travel several long miles to find an accredited breeder. If you can adopt one of these magnificent pets, you are extremely lucky, as you will not only save a lot of money but also enjoy an amazing cat.
Russian Blue Cat Price at a Breeder
The Russian Blue cat price at a reputable breeder tends to hover around $800. Anything under that should be treated with great suspicion. You should always find out where they came from and whether their parents were healthy and free of genetic defects. A show quality cat will be much more expensive than a cat for domestic purposes. Here is a list of things you should look out for when getting in touch with a breeder. Above all, be sure you personally make a visit to the breeder to check out the other cats being bred, as that will give you a good idea on the quality being offered.
• The kitten should be completely vaccinated and micro-chipped before going into the new house.
• You should always ask for proof of pedigree and registration.
• You should check out the condition of the other cats.
• De-sexing should always take place by the sixth month of the kitten’s life.
• Pay attention for any unpleasant odors or other offensive things at the breeder.
• The cats should have a healthy appearance.
The breeder should show that they are responsible and does whatever is necessary to rectify any problems as soon as they arise.